To create collaborative solutions to infectious disease threats, bringing together fundamental and translational research to improve global health and enhance real-world capabilities to respond to future outbreaks.
To do this we will focus on 6 strategic priorities:
- Evaluate: Enhance data collection and surveillance, working with partners to improve global tools and capabilities.
- Understand: Accelerate understanding and insights, generating actionable knowledge on pathogens, patients, populations and outbreaks as early warning indicators. For more details see here
- Prepare: Translate research into real-world solutions by creating clinical trials platforms and deploying effective health technologies, including diagnostics, vaccines and therapeutics. For more details see here
- Respond: Enhance the effectiveness of pandemic responses by improving trust, confidence and the efficacy of public health interventions. For more details see here
- Partnership: Build complementary collaborations, partnerships and networks both in the UK and globally, to enhance our capability to respond to infectious and pandemic threats.
- People: Build a diverse and inclusive institute, helping to develop the next generation of infectious disease researchers and scientific leaders both in the UK and globally.
© WHO / Blink Media - Gillian Soupe
Protect humanity from infectious threats through science, innovation and building global preparedness.
To do this we will:
- Unite disciplines and sectors to tackle complex problems together.
- Increase global access to essential science capabilities and interventions.
- Build agile, equitable partnerships and technologies that can respond to pandemic threats anywhere and at any time.